Sunday, July 1, 2012

Homebody

I woke up with the honest intention of running this morning. I don't know if my body was recovering from a busy weekend, but I just couldn't resist the snooze button. By the time I finally woke up at 8:30, it was already 94 degrees outside. I figured it would be best to go with a night run. Normally I would choose something light for breakfast on my run days. Since I was delaying my run until it was less hell-like outside, I had raisin bran with a half banana. It's a huge treat this summer if I can indulge with a bowl of cereal. I tell people that if I could only eat one food for the rest of my life, it would be some form of cereal. 


My goal for the month of July is to exercise at least twice a day, five times a week. I am so close to my final goal weight that I can taste it! It would be a huge ordeal if I could knock the last 11 pounds off before school starts again. With the high in Alabama in the 103-105 degree range, outdoor exercise is out of the question. Luckily, I have my gym membership, but they're closed on Sunday. As much as I hate doing it, I had to workout at home. I completed my 300/30 challenge, Malibooty workout, and a little of my personal favorites. I also completed the Sunday workout that I use after my runs. 
Here is a full link if you are interested!
 These workouts are a great addition to any run, and for those that don't really know where to start, give these a go! After a very sweaty workout, I enjoyed a turkey sandwich with guacamole and carrots. 
These 100 calorie guacamole snack packs were introduced to me this past semester by a fellow teacher. I never even liked guacamole until I tried these, and now I can't get enough! They are very reasonably priced, and Walmart even has their own brand!

For my second workout, I turned on Netflix and completed the 10 Minute Kickbox Solution DVD! They're a series of 5 ten minute kickboxing routines. If you are able to complete all 5, you will be a hot, sweaty mess! Netflix has a ton of exercise videos that you can stream if you are a member. You can find yoga, pilates, kickboxing, and other toning dvds. Unfortunately, a random rain/hail storm hit about 5 and didn't stop until almost 7. No run for me! It's very tempting to call it a cheat day if I'm not able to run, but even when the weather is not in agreement, healthy choices have to be made! 

I wanted to share a seriously delicious and healthier option for my fellow ice cream fanatics. I adore ice cream. Like, I want to marry ice cream and make yummy ice cream babies that I can eat. It wasn't until last summer that I realized how many calories were in a cone of soft serve. Blakely and I went to Sonic almost everyday last summer for a cone. It was kind of our thing for a long, long time. Now that I am a little more cautious of my caloric intake, we only treat ourselves in desperate times or celebrations. 

This recipe calls for 1 cup of sugar-free Cool Whip, 1 package of sugar-free chocolate pudding mix, and 2 cups of the milk of your choice! I've never tried to freeze almond milk or soy milk, so I just used my 2%. 
1. Beat pudding mix & milk in medium bowl with whisk for about 2min.
2. Stir in Sugar-Free Cool Whip.
3. Spoon mix into small paper/plastic cups.
4. Insert wooden sticks into the middle of each.
5. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- To remove from cups, run under warm water.

Mine are in the process of freezing right now, but the mix alone was enough to tempt me to not wait. -UPDATE- These are the most delicious treat ever! That's all!

Tomorrow is Monday! Have a great start to the week! Please let me know if you are trying any of these recipes or workout regiments! I love your feedback!  


No comments:

Post a Comment