Sunday, July 22, 2012

Fat Attack

*Warning*
This will not be an awe inspiring, motivational update to tell you how hard I've worked over the past couple of days. This update will be a confession- a completely humiliating confession of the terribly greasy, fattening, and fried things that I have put into my body the past few days. Forgive me friends, for I have gorged. Gorged doesn't even begin to describe how I've eaten this weekend. I think that the fat side of my brain was under the impression that it would never eat again, so I consumed as much food as possible to ensure that I would survive. I feel bloated and fatigued, but for some odd reason, I want more. Will power is something that I will really have to dig deep to find this week. My poor stomach...

I went to Georgia Friday night to prepare for my bestie's baby shower on Saturday. My dad took me out to dinner so we could spend some much needed quality time together. We went to Chili's. I've been really careful this week about my eating. I knew that I had to prepare for the fat-fest that was sure to go down this weekend, but I didn't prepare for the fried feast that my dad and I would have at the restaurant. Fried jalapenos and onion strings and fried chicken fingers with a side of french fries and, wait for it.... FRIED CORN. Deep fried corn! OMG! It was heavenly and buttery all at the same time. My mouth waters just thinking about it. I felt so shameful and full afterwards. Regardless, it was wonderful spending time with mi padre. He is absolutely my biggest fan and greatest motivation in this world. I cherish every single fat minute I  spend with him.
Me and paps before the Warrior Dash in May

My best friend in the entire world is having a beautiful baby boy in October! Emily and I met in 2003, but we really didn't become friends until my senior year of high school. She and I have always been an odd pair. We compliment each other well and our friendship has always been so valuable in my life. It was my pleasure to give Em her first baby shower. I've spent the week preparing decorations and organizing baby-related games. Friday night was spent making Oreo truffles (of which I ate at least 6 of prior to the shower), cucumber finger sandwiches, and Rotel dip for 18+ people. I didn't sleep a wink. By the time Saturday morning rolled around, I was a nervous wreck trying to get everything together. The shower was beautiful! The decorations and food were all perfect and everything fell into place. I always stress for no reason. Emily and baby Max received all sorts of wonderful presents. I can't wait for him to arrive!

Before the party 

Decorating onesies! 

Everyone

Me and Em with the diaper wreath that I made for her! 

The most delicious and ridiculously unhealthy treat EVER! 

Now that the shower is over, it's back to the real world. No more raspberry lemonade cake, Oreo truffles, or mini egg rolls. I've made my bed, and now I must lay in it. One bad weekend isn't going to put a damper of what I've worked so hard for. 
It's important to realize that you're going to have fat days, fat weeks, and sometimes, even fat months. If you know you're passionate and serious about living healthy, then hop back on that horse! Learn from your mistakes and let them motivate you to make better choices. My sleeping schedule has been affected by my food choices this weekend. I feel like I'm pregnant with a giant food baby. I'm irritable and tired all the time. My body is punishing me for what I've given it, so I will spend this week apologizing by eating better, drinking more water, and going harder at the gym. It's  my promise to you that my next update will bring healthy recipes and empowering tales of how hard I've worked to rid myself of these fat thoughts!

Here is one of my favorite quotes to remind you that there's always tomorrow! Good luck with your pursuit of health and happiness this week. Don't hesitate to comment or facebook me if there's any topic you'd like to discuss on my blog!


"Ah, Hope! What would life be, stripped of thy encouraging smiles, that teach us to look behind the dark clouds of today, for the golden beams that are to gild the morrow."
-François de la Rochefoucauld

No comments:

Post a Comment