Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hey girl, keep running

Have I mentioned how much I love running? I got home from work at 4:15 today, and the only thing I wanted to do was nap. I've given up my afternoon naps this week in an attempt to be more active and productive. Now that I'm working everyday, I have to make time for laundry, cleaning, reading 50 Shades of Grey, etc where I can. Rachel and I didn't run this morning because I had to work, so we planned a night run. I started some laundry and completed a couple of toning exercises. Once my big butt hit the couch though, it was lights out. I woke up to Rachel calling me to tell me she was on her way to my house for our run. I had ten minutes to shovel a banana in my mouth and prepare myself for a 5 miler. I was exhausted and unmotivated, but it didn't take long to get me in the mood once we started. I could have run 5 more because the weather was cool, the sun was setting, and the wind was just light enough to keep my sweat from dripping down my face. It was the perfect run. 



I've been sticking to my guns about my eating habits at work, and surprisingly, I've done really well! Sometimes food will come in the window that I've never seen and I think about how I'd give my right arm to for just a taste of it, but then I remember what it was like to have multiple chins... How quickly your appetite changes! 

I am sad to report that my Adidas Marathons are retired. I will give them a proper burial at the Warrior Dash this October after I wear them for one last race. My new babies are absolutely fabulous! I know nothing about running shoes. For the life of me, I cannot figure out why people spend hundreds of dollars on shoes that their going to wear out in year or so. I don't have a hundred dollars for shoes, so I had to go the Shoe Carnival route. Since January, I've had my heart set on a pair of Reebox Real Flex. They are super lightweight, breathable, and flexible. It's my honor to introduce them to you! I've run 20 miles in them so far, and they were amazingly easy to break in! I absolutely recommend them to any runner looking for a new pair of kicks.


Here are some not-so-fat dinner options for you:

I made this the other night, and OMG! For it to be a vegetarian meal, it is unreal! Blakely even liked it (so you know it's good). The roasted vegetables can be changed or substituted as needed.

Remember the chocolate pudding pops from two posts ago? Blakely and I (mostly me) destroyed those in a week. I wanted to make them again because I have to have a sweet after I eat dinner or I will gorge on whatever I can find in my pantry. We looked at the different types of pudding and decided on strawberry creme. Y'all! These suckers taste just like a milkshake. We used the Jello Strawberry Creme pudding and a cup of sugar-free whip cream. Unfortunately, they don't make the strawberry creme pudding in a fat-free option, but it's totally worth the extra calories! Just mix the pudding according to the box, stir in a cup of sugar-free whip cream, and freeze! 
I wish I had a picture...

I found this leg workout on Pinterest, and let me just say that it's the real deal! I am really trying to target my inner thighs. I have a life-long goal of one day having Tina Turner legs. There's no doubt that this will get me there! 


Here is a little motivation for you this week; I know it motivates me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment