Monday, July 2, 2012

Deliciocity

Man oh man. Day 3 of the 300/30 day challenge kicked my butt! It's going to take a great deal of will power to get through the 30 days, but I am determined to see if it works. 
Mine and Rachel's morning run turned into a late night run due to storms. For whatever reason, I agreed to a 5:45 run this morning. I was so relieved when my alarm went off at 5 and it was lightening like crazy. 


I won't lie, I am falling back into the cereal trap. I have been really good about watching my portions, though! A woman from the YMCA came to talk to my running club kids this past year about nutrition. She had some of the kids poor a bowl of cereal to show the group how much they thought was one serving size. I was floored when I realized that I was probably eating between 3 and 4 servings of cereal every morning. It was a huge eye opener! In my never ending attempt to find healthier options for breakfast, I made these! 


You can click here to get the recipe! 

There is no sugar, no dairy, and no oil! The texture was not what I thought it would be, but I really enjoyed the one that I tried fresh out of the oven. I can't wait to inhale one before my run tomorrow morning. 

I was so bored today that I worked out 3 times. Please don't think that this is a regular occurrence by any means. My legs and arms feel like jello, but I'm not sorry! My body will hate me tomorrow. After breakfast, I completed my 300/30 and Malibooty routines plus some toning exercises. I ran my errands and went to tutoring and then decided to hit the gym for some weightlifting and body sculpt. I despise lifting weights. It's boring, painful, and makes time move incredibly slowly. After about 40 minutes of that, Rachel and I met up for the most ghettofied run of my life. I took her on the course of my first 5k. I didn't realize at the time that it was through some of the most dangerous neighborhoods in town. We cranked out 5 miles regardless! I seriously felt like I could have run 10 miles tonight. I can tell that I am ready for my first 10k race. My knees usually start aching after 4 miles, but my mind is totally in the game! Now I have to find a race. 



I have found the most delicious recipe of my life. Buffalo chicken wings are my other mistress. If I were put alone in a room of chicken wings, terrible things would happen. I've held off for months, but here lately I've been having some intense cravings for them. Blakely refuses to eat them because he works in the kitchen of a restaurant that cooks them all the time. (Understandable) But that doesn't satisfy my fatness! I figured if I could just taste the spicy goodness of buffalo sauce, that would subdue. 
Here it is- the most amazingly awesome buffalo chicken lettuce wrap recipe! It's super easy, super cheap, and super  low in calories!


Other than just posting about my eating habits and what I am doing to stay healthy, is there anything YOU would like to hear about? I can answer questions, and if I can't, I'll just direct them to Kelsey or Blakely who will be able to answer it. That's pretty much what I do with everything else in my life. 



1 comment:

  1. why yes, i'd love to answer any questions! but the thing is...i have no doubt that you possess all the knowledge now! so proud of you, bbg. daily.

    ReplyDelete